Κυριακή 23 Οκτωβρίου 2011

Stop being scared!





There are only two emotions really. Fear and Love (thanks for the notion Christopher!). All other feelings and emotions are byproducts of those two universal aspects of human consciousness. At any given moment we can choose either. Fear, it seems, has become our instinctual feeling of choice nowadays. It's pervasive and contagious. Love,on the other hand (and its byproduct, trust),is rare -unless you count romantic love of course,which is more often than not an illusion dissolved by time and loss of sexual attraction anyway ), because it requires some kind of conscious effort, at least at first.


I have chosen Love and Trust when dealing with private issues on the Internet. I have been taught this first and foremost by Jessica Mullen, one of my Internet heroes, who summarises this idea exellently in her latest post:



''I also publicly share my thoughts to celebrate our one consciousness. We are all part of the same whole. We are all made of the exact same energy (love, or god, or source). We all want the same things – to have fun and be loved. We are all perfect. All of our experiences have the same value – to expand the universe.

Since we are all one consciousness, there is no reason for me to fear you or what you think. I may create a version of you that has negative thoughts about me, but you are not your mind. I know negative thoughts about me are not true. And I know that you are, at heart, me. With that logic I share my thoughts to practice fearlessness, to practice trusting you instead of fearing your judgement. I trust that you understand what I’m doing. I trust that you are a loving being.

Privacy is a big concern for many on the Internet. My belief is that we feel the need for privacy because we are afraid of each other’s thoughts, and we are afraid for our financial or personal safety. But what if we chose to trust each other, to not need privacy, to trust that we can all do our own things without penalty? What if we sacrificed privacy for trust and unity? You can argue there will always be some that will take advantage of the openness. But couldn’t we train ourselves out of that belief too? Jesus could. We are all made of god. None of us is bad, or evil, or wrong.''


Let's all practice Love for a change. For me the Internet is a great medium, because what other greater means of publicly declaring your Trust and Fearlessness is there? No,I am not scared of what you might think of me nor am I concerned with 'privacy issues'' (unless other people in my life are concerned about them,of course). I choose Love and Trust.


                                                         How about you?




Love,peace and Trust

Eirini





pictures from here

                                                          

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Comments