Τρίτη 6 Δεκεμβρίου 2011

Guest post: Spiritual Warfare





This is yet another guest post from an awsome online friend, Steven Stringer. 
As stated in my previous guest post, our online friends can be just as meaningful a connection in our lives as some of our offline friends,if we only nurture our friendship with love,respect,trust,truth and authenticity. Our friends are not there in our lives by mistake,no matter where in the world they happen to live. They are there because our higher selves,souls or whatever you wish to call it decided that there were lessons that needed to be learnt and experiences that needed to be shared between both parties involved. Steven is such a soulful friend for me and his insights and kindness have greatly helped me in many ways to understand and face certain truths in my life. He is gifted with compassion and a deep understanding of human nature and everything he writes deeply resonates with me.  So enjoy his post with a small introduction of himself in his own words first:



I am a loving, compassionate, and forgiving man of God, whose heart's desire is fullfilled and bonded with the people in my life.
Alot of what I have learned has been in 12 step programs, which are anonymous. Very important. Alot of what I have learned was in Rehabilitation programs which I dont mind talking about but cannot name. Alot of what I have learned I learned from people like you Eirini. Much of what I have learned I learned in Chuches and from inspirational books. And much of what I have learned I learned in the streets, battling with addiction, being witness to my own and others' suffering caused by our refusal to be oursevles. The Great Facilitator of all of this I will name. God, My Creator. Jesus Christ, my brother, and any other expression of Love you prefer. Buddha, Mohhamed, and right down the whole list. I dont know them all but I assure you each of them are worthy to teach me. Dont forget Heraclitus  I was thinking of him quite a bit while I was writing actually.


''I am witness to a beautiful truth. Time and time again I have seen that when we have the courage necessary to look inside ourselves and ask our own heart what it is that It desires, we cannot fail to discover the true beautiful Reality of God living within us, waiting with great and Loving anticipation for the season of our becoming.

Spiritual Warfare is Reality. The greater a person's calling, the greater the trials in reaching it. There are three questions which I have witnessed transform the lives of people like nothing else I have ever seen. Here they are:

1. What do I want?
2. What stands in my way?
3. How can others help me?

Thats it! There is no dogma; there is no religious practice; there is no prayer; there is no list of rules. If a person can answer these questions from their true heart, all the Glory of God's wil for their lives will be revealed to them.

Time and time again I have seen demonstrated that the fears that stand in our way of anwering these questions for ourselves are the true source of of our suffering; This is by true definition, our sin.

When I can clear away all the false gods; all the excuses; all the pretense; all the lies I have told myself in regards to these questions, What I find is this:

The greatest desire of my heart in regards to what I want for myself is to fully realize and feel this glorious creature That God has created: Me!

Repeatedly, I have seen in others and myself that our greatest Hope is always what is already true! Our divergence from this is no accident. It is never a little off. It is always 180 degrees off. I have been blessed with a gift and today I know this. I have amazing ability to See. When I witness people able to declare their answers to these three questions, from their hearts, I many times realize that what they want to be the very most is what I have already perceived them to be. Their greatest fears about theirselves are directly opposed to the Truth about themselves.

I am greatly Blessed with a Gift that allows me to connect with others very deeply. I dont need to name it. My greatest fear was that I was cursed. I have great ability to encourage the people around me in ways that are very personal to them. My greatest fear was that I was a destroyer of people. I am extremely trustworty with people. I have a wonderful ability to not abuse power or position for my own benefit and to tell the truth as a means to success. My greatest fear was that I was predatory by design. I have great natural ability to lead. My greatest fear was that I did not have the courage to stand up for others. I have great compassion for the victims of abuse and oppression. My greatest fear was that I wanted them to take my part of suffering for me.

I could go on! You may ask yourself: "How can he use the word Greatest over and over?" The answer to that question is inside you.

Now I will tell a horrible truth. Evil is real. Whatever you call it/him/her. It lives and it hates you with a hatred you cannot percieve. You are hated by this force because you are So Damn Beautiful. You are the most beautiful of creation in this Universe. More beautiful than all the galaxies; than any mountain; than any beach; than any sunset; than any morning; than any green valley or glimmering plateau. It is you that are the prize in this battle. You feel persecuted because you are. You fear your destiny because it is real and challenging. It is perilous and you will feel pain and fear. This is what you were created for. This is the battle you crave all your life; the Truth you know inside. Yes, it will be hard. Yes it will be easier to tell ourselves lies about ourselves so we dont have to face the Trials that God will surely allow us to face. He will never stop challenging us. It will never be easy and WE would never be satisfied if it was. Our creator knows us and has created us for a glorious purpose that we may never fully know. Our enemy hates us with a passion that is great but is no match for the Great Love and Protection of our God. This truth has always been inside you. Listen now. There is song inside you written just for you.

I have lived 40 years mostly in an illusion I created in order to avoid my own trials. They are scary. They hurt. I know that when I am truly myself and when I truly realize and live from this truth others will attack me. I see it coming many times before hand and that hurts! I know what it feels like for someone to attack you over and over right at the heart of your greatest beauty, while proclaiming their love for you. Sometimes they hold a crucifix in their hand while they hate you. Sometimes they claim to be of God and sometimes they actually beleive it. There is almost nothing that hurts that bad, except one thing: to Live in a constructed prison of lies; blinded to your purpose and beauty and to the Truly Majestic Will of God to to fight alongside you and cause you to win in the face of incredible odds over and over again, many times at the very last second, right when you begin to feel that all is lost. He is there smiling at you, waiting to express His Great Love for His Child in the moment of its greatest need.''






Love,peace and Spiritual Warfare

 Eirini

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Comments