Παρασκευή 26 Ιουλίου 2013

If you want drastic changes in your life, declutter your bedroom





If you want drastic changes in your life declutter your bedroom


Μost of us struggle with change, even when we would love to be making changes. Even when the changes are positive and could enhance our lives, we sometimes find it difficult to move away from a familiar pattern.

Your bedroom is the most important room in your home. 

This is the place where you sleep and dream.  This is the room of intimacy, of dressing for the day and undressing for the night.  It should be a sanctuary, a place that makes you feel safe, a haven that supports you on all levels. 

 It should be a place that when you enter, you immediately feel relaxed and welcome. 

 If you walk into your bedroom and don’t feel grateful and blessed, some changes need to be incorporated.

One of the most obvious suggestions for achieving a supportive and protective bedroom environment is to keep clutter to a minimum. 

Overcome the belief that “it’s just my bedroom” or “no one else sees it but me” to the belief that you’re important enough to assure yourself a good night’s sleep and a space that supports you so intimately.

This is my minimal bedroom. Everything is tucked away in drawers and fitted-in wardrobe (not seen here). 

Even bedside lamps have been removed-after being broken from one son or another out of the four growing up in this home lol- because reading and learning is done in other parts of my home, my bedroom is just a sunctuary meant for relaxation=sleeping and intimacy.

The babycot is not left there unintentionally either. There is still the thought, at the back of my mind, that I might want to have another one sometime, who knows?

 The walls are painted a beautiful color that is restful, soothing, and comforting to me. The color of your bedroom walls can make the difference between sleeping well and not sleeping at all. 

Ι have tried to keep the room simple and serene. With such a sweet and serene color on the walls, Ι have found I don’t need any artwork, so that I keep my mind and spirit at nights free to rest and wander unencumbered by visual stimuli, off to a magical world that is purely of my own making. 

 If, however, you have to hung some artwork, make sure it is pleasing to both you and a partner if you’re sharing the space. 

You have to decide that it is no longer acceptable to say, “I’m too busy to declutter.” 

That’s like saying, “I’m too busy to get rid of the things that make me too busy.”


Go Purge & DeClutter your Bedroom


Make room for drastic changes in your life!


2 σχόλια:

  1. Good posts, a clean and well organized home is a sign of a well organized person.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Nice post, friend!
    When I was struggling to manage all my bills and monthly payments, I found a free website that really take care of all my payments and manage my bills online.
    Track household bills online using a safe and ultra-secure billing system, which will definitely get you rid of pain!!
    Finovera provides an online bill pay service which will pay your bills online and will track your expenses.
    Finovera will send you an alert if a bill is unusually high or if you need to transfer funds to cover it. Finovera is absolutely free to use and always will be!!!
    Live a clutter-free life!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

Comments