Σάββατο 28 Φεβρουαρίου 2015

Who am I to write about love?





“Who am I to teach this?

Who am I to write about love/soulmates? I’m no master. I'm a struggling human, like everyone else. Besides, everything has already been said, right? Is what I've got  to write book-worthy? Parts of it are soul-baring. I hate baring my soul to stangers as much as the next person, plus even that can't make it book-worthy. I’m not that good yet. I’m not ready. I need more experience/ time/ recognition/improvement. I don’t want to feign that I am some kind of expert or that I’m some big deal.”

Been struggling with this.
For a long, long long time. Still am.

Sure, I can just say 'I believe, therefore I am''

But that's not good enough. Not for me, or you, for that matter

One way to answer this question is to wallow in shame and self-conciousnes: ''I'm not good enough for this''.

 Another reaction is to pretend I'm better than I am, heighlight my story, my achievements, my whatevers. Do the self-touting thing.

Or  be real. Even more real
And think aloud, in the hopes of inspiring someone else along the way

Most of us lead our lives feeling not good enough.
Not good enough to do this and that..
Not good enough to be creative
Not good enough for what we have in our heart to give
Not enough

So here's my advice to you and me:

Do it anyway
Start pretending you are needed
If you arent needed, the market will tell you, dont worry.

''Oh, but how am I supposed to deal with rejection?''

Like a man. Or a woman
Grow some balls
(or better yet , grow a vagina, it's incredibly more powerful than balls)

Don't take rejection or non-success as a sign of personal failure.The most disempowering belief in the world is feeling like a failure when things don't go your way or fall apart ( take this from someone who lost a successful business of a decade and still survived)

Here's a more powerful belief to concentrate on:


You actually might not have the skills, wisdom, experience or talent to do the work you’re so drawn to do. But here is the thing:

History is full of people who thought they were ready, thought they were invincible and then, because of hybris ( ancient greek notion of excessive pride and confidence) failed blatantly. There are many examples of those whose arrogance led them to their doom .

So we might not be really ready but it’s important to ask ourselves, “ready for what?” Ready to be a guru to the masses? Probably not . Ready to pour your heart on paper and let people be inspired by it? Probably yes . Ready to earn millions? Probaby not (but hey some people out there did that too, so why not you?) Ready to earn royalties from your brainchild? Probably yes.

Often by asking the question “Am I ready for this?”
you mean “I need to be perfect to be ready.”

Ah my friend..

WE WILL NEVER BE PERFECT.

 Not really, not in this plane of existence

But do you have something to offer that could help people?
That could have helped you, if someone else created it?

Yes?
Then go ahead and create

I know It’s really easy for you to look at other people doing the kind of work you want to  do, people who have already achieved stardom status and compare yourself to them and feel like crap.

I promise you that you are not.

 Don’t compare your start with their middle or finish line.
 It  is a recipe for misery.

Here is what I tell myself each time I post, write etc:
I will focus on creating something that moves my heart, beautiful to my eyes and useful to at least a few. I put my heart into it and let it go. That is more than enough.

And the results?

Tell yoursel that whatever comes  is fine
( again, losing one's business and being broke for what seemed like ages helps you put things into perspective. Like, not caring about end results ever again, not really)

My failures are my lessons , therefore my credentials

“Give up the notion that you must be sure of what you are doing. Instead, surrender to what is real within you, for that alone is sure.” —Baruch Spinoza

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Comments